Weekly Updates

Weekly Update (Vol. 2) 2019/01/05 – 2019/01/11

January 11, 2019


Weekly Update (Vol. 2) 2019/01/05 – 2019/01/11

Market Status Quo

Total crypto market capitalization and 24 trading volume are around $ 123.47 billion and $20.17 billion respectively at press time, down 5.9% and up 40.$% w/w. Among them, $ETH, $BCH, and $BSV plummeted.

Industry News

Singapore Liang Court shopping centre added a Bitcoin/Litecoin ATM.


4155 Crypto ATM Around the World

According to the data put forward by the website Coin ATM radar, the total number of crypto ATM’s across the globe stands at 4155. There are 75 countries in the world that house a crypto ATM. The most installations are in USA (2492 locations), followed by Canada (702 locations) while Austria (267 locations) took the third place. Moreover, there are 42 producers across the globe that produce a crypto ATM and 527 Bitcoin ATM operator around the globe. As data shows, the number of installations over the past few months has increased significantly. Source.

A Treasure Hunt by Artist Celebrates 10th Birthday of the Genesis Block

For the 10th birthday of the genesis block, the artist, Pascal Boyart painted this frescoe somewhere in Paris with a 0,26btc ($1000) puzzle in it. And make Street Art treasure hunt with a Bitcoin puzzle. the public key: 1NqPwPp7hEXZ3Atj77Ue11xAEMmXqAXwrQ. Source.

Two Miners Control Over 50% of Ethereum Hashrate

Ethermine and SparkPool_3, control more than 50% of the total network Ethereum hashrate. The Ethermine controls about 28.16% and the SparkPool controls about 24.79%. Then, the total network Ethereum hashrate is 52.95%. Source.

French ‘Tabac’ shops diversify, selling bitcoin for cash

With the backing of French fintech group Keplerk, the crypto-currency has gone on sale in six tobacco shops in and around Paris. With the backing of French fintech group Keplerk, the crypto-currency has gone on sale in six tobacco shops in and around Paris. Source.

Rinkeby Ethereum Testnet Successfully Forked

Péter Szilágyi, the developer of Ethereum said that Rinkeby Ethereum testnet successfully forked over to Constantinople. Also, all signers, bootnodes, faucet online work well. Source.

Crypto Regulatory Roundup

MGA Implement Phase 1 of Crypto and DLT Regulatory Sandbox

The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) has successfully launched the first sandbox framework for the acceptance of cryptocurrencies, Virtual Financial Assets (VFA), and the integration of distributed ledger technology (DLT) into the local gaming ecosystem.
The MGA declared it had updated its Licensee Relationship Management System (LRMS), to make it possible for new and existing operators in its gaming world to secure approvals for using DLT Assets and seamlessly report VFA player liabilities via the monthly Player Funds Report. Source.

Venezuela Decrees Crypto Operators Must Pay Taxes in Cryptocurrencies

The Venezuelan government has published a decree requiring taxpayers with crypto operations in the country to pay their taxes in cryptocurrencies. Similarly, operators of foreign currencies must pay their taxes in those currencies. The decree states that the change is necessary for the “strengthening of the current fiscal regime.” Source.

Marshall Islands announces issuance of cryptocurrency SOV

The Republic of the Marshall Islands today announced that blockchain expert Steve Tendon is advising and assisting the country with the drafting, design, and issuance of SOV, the digital legal tender of the Marshall Islands, and the economy spawning around it. Source.